Tuesday, March 15, 2011

April Issue

The April issue is now officially on news stands everywhere! This is one of the most exciting things to happen thus far because this is the first complete issue that I can literally point everything out in and say "hey, I worked on that!".

It's so strange that this is all just surfacing now since it seems like I worked on everything so long ago, but that's the fashion world for ya, working at least 3 months in advance of current times. For example, we are now working on finishing up June and should be starting out July/August issue in about two weeks.

It's also really cool now, because when I look on websites like style.com or certain blogs I recognize so many faces of the fashion world that I had previously only known by name. Also, working with all of these designer samples has given me the ability to recognize clothing, accessories and jewelry by name without seeing the designer labels. This job has also expanded my knowledge and confidence with styling, whether that be because I am so highly immersed in the fashion world or because of being located in New York City, things are only growing for the better.

Also, new interns are starting to come in for interviews and trial periods for the summertime. It's interesting to denote how people are chosen based on their resumes and interviews. This has really given me an upper hand in knowing what to do or not do in similar circumstances. As interns, we have a lot of say for who gets chosen to represent the company after we leave. I began training a girl this week.

It's also important to note that it's not only the editor's and individuals in high positions that you need to impress and be nice to, but it's also those you work with since those are going to be the people you network with in the future or have to work with to receive a permanent job. Luckily I feel that I've made a good impression on everyone and also that I have made some lifelong friends along this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment