Saturday, February 5, 2011

Puzzles



I thought I'd give a little example of a typical "run" at Marie Claire.

Mission- Go to Rachel Roy and pick up sample dresses for a photo shoot... not as easy as it sounds, however, here's how it went:

First of all, I'd just like to reiterate how AMAZING hopstop is and how I'd be lost without it. Also, New Yorkers are much friendlier than made out to be, if you even look the slightest bit puzzled they will ask you if you need assistance.

Okay, so given the address I hopstop my way to the location on my phone. Two transfers later and I'm headed eastbound on Broadway in attempt to get the amazing spring collection gowns. Upon entering the building there are 3 banks of elevators all divided by specific floors. I find Rachel Roy on the directory and head up to the 50th floor via elevator bank 3. I get up there and it's literally abandoned besides a small Asian man sewing clothing samples. He lets me into the office and I wander until I find someone who looks like they are a sales representative. I finally find someone and they tell me I need to go to Rachel by Rachel Roy on the 14th floor, but in order to do this I must first go back to the lobby so I can transfer to elevator bank number 1.

I do all of this and finally arrive on the 14th floor only to find a sign with an arrow pointing in two directions, one saying "Rachel Roy" and the other saying "messengers and pick ups". I head in the direction of "pick-ups" and there is a sign on the door saying to go to the Rachel Roy door and buzz the number of the person I need to speak to. I go to the door and there's a note for the person I need to find saying to go back towards the elevator to a door on the opposite side entitled "Creative Directors". I get to this door and the intercom to buzz people is broken. I find a random phone on the wall and dial an extension that matches the name of the individual I am looking for. She answers and tells me to go back to the first door I was originally at directly behind me.

Talk about stressful...

No comments:

Post a Comment