Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Ways To Accessorize

I'm an admitted organizational freak. I love things being neat and orderly, everything has its rightful place. I though I'd come up with every creative way possible to manage my accessories on a budget, then I came across this little gem of an idea (no pun intended, jewelry lovers). A polished TP roll! Hey as long as it's not in the bathroom that you plan to keep your delicate belongings, by painting and relocating this household common object you could spice up your jewelry showcasing skills.


Also, don't be afraid to mix textures, colors and hardware metallics. If I've taught you anything so far it's that color-blocking is a great way to cleanly show off one's fashion senses. Well color blocking is just the gateway "designer" drug for whats about to come- fabrics are no longer associated with a sole season, and gold and silver can be worn adjoined these days. So bedazzle up your life and don't be afraid to take some risks when accessorizing your day-to-day life.


Again with the Taylor Tomasi Hill obsession, apologies.
I just think this chick has style! For instance, she creates accessories out of common objects and takes the term "hardware" to an entirely new level. Her definition of hardware is not used to simply describe the metal luminosity of an accessory's details, but rather it describes the accessory in its entirety- she uses hardware as jewelry! Also, mixed metals are key.

No comments:

Post a Comment